Getting started with Zoom
The University Video Conferencing/Online meetings solution is called Zoom.
Installing the Zoom desktop client
- Domain uofglasgow
- Subsequently select sign in with SSO only using your GUID and password
- Bookmark link in browser
- Add Zoom to Outlook
- How Do I Host A Video Meeting?
- Joining a Meeting
- How do I Start or Join a Scheduled Meeting as the Host?
- How do I invite others to join a meeting?
- Webinar how-tos
- Getting Started with Android
- Getting Started with iOS
- Test link https://zoom.us/test(use to test out the product and can be added to invites for remote participants to test)
- Testing device video
- Testing device audio
When you access the main Zoom desktop you will notice a toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Mute: allows you to mute your own microphone.
- Stop Video: allows you to stop your video feed
- Manage Participants: This allows you to mute all participants
- Share: allows the host to share their computer desktop and any application that they have open.
- Chat: Allows text chat
- Resume/Stop recording: Allows you to control the recording of the session.
- Breakout Rooms: Allows the creation and management of breakout rooms.
- The End Meeting option will close the meeting and log all users out.
The Chat option allows you to text chat with the entire group or have 1-1 private chats. Select the chat icon from the toolbar and a chat panel will appear to the right-hand of the desktop. Select if you want to address the whole group or an individual.
Zoom plugin for Outlook
The Zoom Plugin for Outlook installs a button on the Microsoft Outlook tool bar to enable you to start or schedule a meeting with one-click. Download from https://uofglasgow.zoom.us/download
Zoom provides a high-quality video, audio, and/or screen sharing solution for conferencing and collaboration. Zoom is supported by AVIT and is our suggested videoconference solution. It can be used across the university in videoconference-enabled spaces, but can also be used by individuals in almost any room on campus and on personal devices.
- Full video conferencing functionality with screen share
- Audio conferencing - telephone dial-in
- Waiting rooms and breakout rooms
- Up to 500 attendees per session
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration
- Cloud recording storage
- Large Room (up to 500 attendees) or Webinar by request
- Support for Android and iOS
- Hardware (H.323) room connection support