Glasgow Science Festival Ethos
GSF Aims and Objectives
- To celebrate the outstanding contribution Glasgow City Region makes to the fields of science, technology, engineering, arts, maths, medicine and social sciences (STEAMMS).
- To communicate the contribution of research to society and relevance to everyday life.
- To provide a platform for researchers to engage with a range of publics.
- To support our research staff and students skills development in public and community engagement through the provision of training and delivery opportunities.
- To reach the wider community, promoting dialogue, informal science education and lifelong learning.
- To connect with primary and secondary school pupils through positive learning experiences, encouraging recruitment into science subjects.
- To promote Glasgow’s strengths in partnership with Glasgow City of Science & Innovation.
- To support the Glasgow’s Tourism and Visitor Plan to 2023 and Glasgow City Region Economic Strategy.
- To support the Scottish Government’s STEM strategy objectives, National Events Strategy and Scotland’s theme years.
To discuss how we can work together, please contact the Festival Director, Dr Deborah McNeill: Deborah.McNeill@glasgow.ac.uk or telephone 0141 330 5370.