Important Information for Presenting Authors
Online oral presentations for UCET'20 have been allocated 10 minutes of effective presentation time, plus 1.5 minutes given to Q&A and 30 seconds turnaround time between speakers. You must prepare your presentation to convey your message in a clear and concise manner strictly adhering to the time limitations. The presentation should include an outline of the key principles, methods and results. More detailed discussions can continue during the breaks. In order to ensure a smooth performance during your session, please make sure the following:
Before the Conference
• Know the session and schedule to which your paper(s) is assigned.
• Know the Zoom link of the session to which your paper is allocated.
• Know how to use Zoom and how to share presentation screen in Zoom.
• You may find the relevant information in the conference registration section.
At the Conference
• Make sure you enter in the Zoom meeting room 10 minutes before the start of your paper session and introduce yourself to the session chair.
• Make your presentation ready in your computer, the session chair will request you to share your screen and start your presentation when your paper presentation is due.
Preparing Your Presentation
• Prepare your presentation using PPT/PPTX/PDF format instead of PPS/Word.
• All videos/animations in the presentation must run automatically! We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation beforehand and ensure that it runs smoothly prior to your paper session.
In order to be published in UCET'20 Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, at least one author (including students) of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference and the paper must be presented by one of the authors named on the paper at the conference unless the TPC Chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter. Author registration is now open at http://tiny.cc/nz6ksz. If you have not done it, please complete the registration as soon as possible. Also, we would like to inform you that no registration fee is required this year.
UCET'20 expects accepted papers to be presented at the conference by one of the authors of that paper. A paper not being presented or presented by a non-author without the prior written approval of the TPC Chairs will be removed from the final conference proceedings and will not appear on IEEE Xplore®.
We strongly encourage the authors to present their paper in a live telepresence format. However, if you believe there could be an issue (e.g., internet connection), we may allow running a pre-recorded video of your presentation (this should be conveyed to the TPC Chairs along with the provision of presentation video). However, in either case, the author(s) must join the session for the Q&A.
Thank you for your contribution to UCET'20 and we look forward to welcoming you virtually in Glasgow on 20-21 August 2020.