College funding for staff
Promotion and Operational Partnership (POP) Fund
The POP Fund of £40k has two streams
- £20k for specific promotional events and visits to new regions/countries and payment will be made in full by the College.
- £20k for match funding purposes with the schools for promotion and operational purposes with established partners.
There is a maximum of £2.5k per event/visit from the College. The College International Dean will approve the release of these funds.
Examples of POP application funds for 2016-17 include:
- Canada - attendance of agent interview sessions
- USA - attendance at recruitment fair and guest lecture at partner university
- Thailand - promotion via agents and follow-up visit to partner
- China - visiting various partners and agents (including interviews with applicants)
How to apply
- Complete the application form and explain how your application meets the funding criteria.
- You should provide as much detail as possible, as well as explain details about the nature of your visit including how you will be representing the College to explore opportunities for mobility and recruitment as well as research.
- Agreement from Head of School for match funding (email is sufficient)
- A written report following the visit
- Applications to be submitted prior to departure
Research Fellowship at Columbia University
The College of Social Sciences Research Fellowship at Columbia University, New York is to support senior academics (grade 8 or above) in the College to visit Columbia University to generate funded joint research bids. Funded by the Vice Principal and Head of College of Social Sciences, the purpose of the fellowship is to strengthen our institutional partnership by enhancing research collaborations with Columbia University.
- Description: fellowship to supports senior academics to visit Columbia University to generate funded joint research bids
- Level: senior academics (grade 8 or above)
- Value: two awards (up to a maximum of £5,000 each)
- Deadline: passed for 2016
See the Columbia University partnership page for full details.