Undergraduate admissions policy
As an Undergraduate, you are guaranteed an offer of accommodation if:
- You are new to study at the University of Glasgow and do not require family accommodation; and
- Your online accommodation application is received by 14 July in the year of entry to University; and
- You have met your conditions of entry and your study status is UF (Unconditional Firm) by 25 August in the year of entry to University; and
- You are studying for the full academic year, commencing in September in year of entry.
In years of exceptionally high demand, students who live within a reasonable commuting distance (c. 1 hour via public transport) will not be offered accommodation until a room becomes available. This may be after the start of the semester.
Notes on the Accommodation Guarantee
- The University Accommodation Guarantee extends to one offer of accommodation only. The guarantee does not extend to couples or family accommodation.
- If you reject or fail to accept an offer by the expiry date there is no guarantee any further offer will be made.
- If you fail to apply for accommodation before the deadline date (14 July) you are not guaranteed an offer of student accommodation.
- There is no guarantee that you will be offered your preferred choice of accommodation. The allocations team take choices into account until such times as a property is full. If the allocations team is unable to offer accommodation in any of your chosen properties, and where there is other accommodation available, they will offer an alternative.
- All communication will be via email.
We’re sorry we cannot guarantee family accommodation. We have a limited number of family properties so we advise you apply as early as possible if you require accommodation for your partner and/or children. We can supply links to local letting agents to assist in your search in the private sector if we are unable to offer a property. The Students Representative Council's Advice Centre (SRC) can offer guidance for searching in the private sector.
You are not guaranteed a place within University accommodation after your first year. However, as the allocations process proceeds, a limited number of rooms may become available for returning/later year applicants so please submit an application.
If you are not covered by the guarantee, you are still welcome to apply in the usual way, and the University will try to accommodate you
Note about insurance offers and clearing
If you have University of Glasgow as your insurance or clearing choice you cannot apply for accommodation. You will only be able to apply after accepting a firm offer of study (either conditional or unconditional).