English Literature 3+1+1 and Denver
English Literature students from the University of Denver can take the fourth year of their degree abroad at the University of Glasgow, followed by a Master's degree at the University of Glasgow.
Your year abroad at Glasgow (Year 4)
English Literature courses change each year but you'll be able to choose from a number of specialist fields, including:
- children’s literature
- the contemporary novel
- fantasy and science fiction
- Irish and Scottish literature
- literature and ecology
- creative writing
- literary theory
- modernist and avant-garde literature
- postcolonial literatures.
In Scotland and the rest of the UK, a full year comprises 120 credits. Therefore, you'll need to take 120 credits in your year abroad in order to graduate from the University of Denver with a Bachelor's degree.
Each course you can choose from is usually worth 20 credits, so you will choose six English Literature courses at Year 4 level. You may also choose to write a dissertation (40 credits) alongside four Year 4 classes.
Your Master's Degree at Glasgow (Year 5)
After you complete your University of Denver Bachelor degree and year abroad, you can study for a postgraduate degree at Glasgow in one of our English Literature programmes:
- English Literature [MLitt]
- English Literature: Fantasy [MLitt]
- English Literature: Medieval & Early Modern Literature & Culture [MLitt]
- English Literature: Modernities - Literature, Culture, Theory [MLitt]
- English Literature: Romantic Worlds [MLitt]
- English Literature: Victorian Literature [MLitt]
How to apply
Visit the 3+1+1 Denver and Glasgow page for information on fees, entry requirements and how to apply.
Study Year Abroad (Year 4) contact
Master’s degree (Year 5) contact
• Please send English Master's enquiries to the contacts listed the individual programme pages (above).