Data Science: Introduction to R
- Cost: £150
- Credits: 10
Data is everywhere, and being able to understand and interpret it is of increasing importance in our modern world.
This course will introduce you to R: an open-source, flexible and powerful statistical software used to manipulate, analyse and visualise data. R is used extensively in both academia (e.g. in Statistics and Psychology) and in industry. R is heavily used in genetics, epidemiology, manufacturing and finance, as well as by data analysts and research programmers.
Using the RStudio interface, you will learn how to:
- wrangle data: to combine and extract information of interest, and to clean up data into the format required for further analysis
- perform descriptive analyses to extract summary information and to visualise data in academic-standard plots
- interpret common error messages and use in-built facilities to debug your code
The course aims to provide you with the starter skills and confidence to continue developing your R skills independently after the conclusion of the course.
Who is this course for?
Members of the public and professionals interested in an introduction to using RStudio; psychology students.
10 credits at SCQF 7 / Level 1
Can contribute towards the attainment of Certificate in Higher Education specialising in Psychology
Mode of study
This 10-week course will be delivered online Zoom
Course materials will be provided online via our learning platform Moodle
- Contribute towards a Certificate in Higher Education specialising in Psychology
- Provide the basis for using RStudio for analysing your own data after the conclusion of the course
Find out more
The University holds open days throughout the year where you can meet with staff to discuss our short course provision. Find out more about University of Glasgow open days
- Date: 06/04/2023 - 08/06/2023
Time: 19:00 - 21:00
Reference: Data Science: Introduction to R (25122) - Online Live book now