Introduction to Landscape Painting
- Cost: £100
- Credits: 0
This 5 week course provides a practical approach to painting landscapes, and is suitable for both beginners and those who wish to consolidate their existing skills, no matter their preferred medium. Through a variety of demonstrations and lessons we will concentrate on the importance of composition, colour mixing and mark making in landscape painting.
Please note materials are not provided, but a suggested materials list will be given ahead of the class.
Areas you'll explore include:
- The skills necessary to develop colour mixing and mark making in landscape painting.
- Different methods of paint application and painting techniques.
- How to improve your awareness, insight, and perception of landscape painting.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate practically your acquired technical skills in brushwork, paint application and mark making in landscape paintings.
- Practically demonstrate a confident and expressive approach to your landscape painting.
- Create complex artwork through an improved understanding of drawing and painting processes.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who has an interest in learning to paint landscapes or further develop their skill in landscape painting.
This is a non-credit class, so would not contribute to any qualifications.
Mode of study
A mixture of practical demonstrations, set exercises and guided study.
Although the course is no-credit bearing, it is still an ideal introduction to the subject.
Find out more
The University holds open days throughout the year where you can meet with staff to discuss our short course provision. Find out more about University of Glasgow open days