Covid-19: A notice for all our clients and referring practices
Due to restricted staffing levels and to try to help preserve important core consumable supplies, the University of Glasgow’s Small Animal Hospital will for the time being run an emergency only hospital service.
Our dedicated staff are still here to care for our patients, but we need to do our best to make sure everyone stays healthy, so that they can continue to come to work and care for the patients in the current crisis.
We remain here 24 hours a day to help with your emergencies.
We are asking clients to help us keep on top of this situation by following the guidance below and being aware of this prior to their visit.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for you and your pet.
From all the staff at the Small Animal Hospital
Covid-19: Guidelines for visiting the hospital
To help ensure the health and safety of our clients, students, and staff, we ask for your cooperation in following the guidelines below for visits to our hospital.
When visiting The Small Animal Hospital, please follow NHS guidelines for personal health and hygiene:
- Clean your hands with soap and hot water or use a hand sanitizer prior to coming to the hospital.
- Use a hand sanitizer upon arriving and leaving the hospital (available in reception and within the hospital).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze, using a tissue or your inner elbow (not your hands).
- When possible maintain a safe social distance (three steps) between yourself and others and abstain from shaking hands.
For the safety of all our clients and staff, please follow the guidelines below when bringing your pet to the hospital
For a Scheduled Appointments and Emergencies
Before leaving home, it is essential that anyone
- displaying fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or
- who has had contact with an individual with COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days, or
- has travelled internationally in the last 14 days to an area with high incidence of COVID-19
Phone ahead to discuss the situation so that we can develop an appropriate clinical plan. Upon speaking, we may ask you to find someone else to bring your pet in to receive care. Our telephone number is 0141 330 5848.
Please go to reception so that staff may co-ordinate your visit and ensure you are seen as promptly as possible.
We will ask you not to leave any bedding, carriers, toys or food with your pet should it need to stay in the hospital. The hospital has a range of high-quality foods which means we can satisfy most dietary requirements.
Visiting has been restricted during the outbreak. We realise that this may cause upset but hope that the rationale for the decision is understandable. If you have any specific concerns, please raise them with one of our team.
Our mission is to provide world-class service for pets and their owners in the UK.
Our purpose built hospital is one of the most sophisticated in Europe allowing companion animals from across the United Kingdom to benefit from the most advanced care available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the year from some of the best specialist vets in the world.