Please send the appropriate submission form(s) completed with your samples.
- Post-mortem examination submission form
- Please email completed form to VDS prior to submitting carcases if possible. Please also print and sign form to accompany the submitted carcase (one for each carcase if submitting more than one).
- Canine Infectious Disease
- Clinical Pathology
- Equine Endometrial Biopsy
- Feline infectious disease
- Histology request form for teaching PM cases
- Veterinary Parasitology submission form
If you have any problems downloading or printing the pdf files, please contact us telling us which form(s) you require and your fax number and we will fax them to you.
Please also contact us if you wish to discuss special prices for research, bulk samples, industrial contracts, etc.
Guidelines for sample submission
- We can supply you with swabs, virus transport medium, submission forms and prepaid postage labels free of charge on request.
- To ensure sample integrity, ALWAYS label EACH sample submitted, including any slides.
All diagnostic specimens must be posted in packaging that complies with P1650 [pdf, 378k].
- Samples must be placed within a leak proof primary sealed container.
- The primary container should be wrapped with absorbent material to contain any spillages and then placed in a leak proof sealed secondary container, e.g. a plastic bag.
- If multiple primary containers are to be sent, these must be individually wrapped or separated to prevent contact between them.
- The samples should then be placed within a rigid outer packaging and labelled with both sender and recipient addresses.
EU and overseas Samples
To send samples from overseas including EU countries, please complete the appropriate form:
Failure to do so may result in significant financial penalties and will delay the arrival of samples to Veterinary Diagnostic Services.
At present, laboratory results are validated by our veterinary advisers and then faxed to the submitting veterinary practice. If you do not have a FAX machine, then we can post the results to your practice by prior arrangement.