John Smith Centre launch minority ethnic emerging leaders programme
Published: 7 July 2021
Applications open for development opportunity for up to 50 minority ethic young people
Our John Smith Centre has launched their Minority Ethnic Emerging Leaders programme, a fantastic professional and personal development opportunity for minority ethnic people between 18 and 29 across Scotland.
Funded by the Scottish Government, the programme will provide young people with a part-time paid internship for nine months with a public/voluntary sector organisation, an NGO, or with a politician.
Participants will develop a range of workplace skills along with a national living wage equivalent grant, a mentor, and access to networking and employability opportunities.
Organisations taking part in the programme include the Scottish Government, Shelter Scotland, Save the Children, and Unicef.
- Come from a minority ethnic background
- Be between the ages of 18-29 at the closing date for applications (19 July 2021)
- Have an SQA National level 5 (or equivalent) in English
- Be resident in Scotland for the full duration of the Programme (September 2021 – November 2022)
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
First published: 7 July 2021