Public Policy Secondment Competition 2013-14
Issued: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:02:00 GMT
The University of Glasgow is undertaking an ambitious cross-disciplinary initiative in public policy research and knowledge exchange. The public policy initiative will support existing research strengths in applied policy fields but also seeks to grow exciting new areas of strength. To that end, we are warmly inviting applications from all academic staff, from lecturer to professor, if they wish to play a part in driving the University’s public policy research and knowledge exchange agenda forward. This is an opportunity to participate in the first of what we anticipate will be an annual competition for (typically) 50% FTE secondments for up to a year, to work in the public policy initiative located in the School of Social & Political Sciences.
Public Policy Secondment Competition 2013-14 - Further Details (PDF)
Please note that:
- We are looking for proposals that are genuinely additional and beyond what research or knowledge exchange work would have happened in any case e.g. this might be a new cross disciplinary collaboration or work in a new field.
- We expect successful candidates to be full and active members of the University’s wider public policy initiative.
- We expect that the application will include a proposal to develop an externally funded research or knowledge exchange proposal to be submitted during the life of the secondment.
- We especially encourage proposals in the following areas (though we welcome proposals regardless of theme) – aspects of the 2014 referendum; the policy process; ‘wicked’ complex public policy problems that resist solutions and topics related to your College’s strategic research priority themes.
- The closing date is midnight on Sunday, April 7 2013. Applications should include a letter of support from your Head of School/line manager that the secondment can be accommodated.
For further informal discussion please contact the Public Policy Initiative’s Director, Kenneth Gibb, at firstname.lastname@example.org.