Miss Kinga Maior
- Tutor - English for Academic Purposes (Pre-sessional) (School of Modern Languages & Cultures)
- Associate Tutor (Creativity Culture & Faith)
- Blended learning in the EAP classroom through online platforms (e.g. Padlet, Socrative)
- The use of Second Life/Gather Town in teaching academic study skills (e.g. discussions, presentations)
- Vocabulary acquisition in multimodal environments, such as massively multiplayer online games
My EFL teaching career spanned across different European countries, such as Hungary, Romania, Italy, Scotland and England - including ESL and Business English - for approximately twelve years.
I have been teaching mainly EAP, academic study skills as well as research methods/theory at INTO Newcastle, Kaplan International and the University of Glasgow since 2011. I have also been supervising TESOL students at the University of Glasgow since 2018.
- EAP Conference, St. Andrews, 2017. Presentation on Padlet and Socrative in teaching cohesion in academic writing. https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/international-education/eap-conference/
- BALEAP PIM, University of Kent, 2020. Workshop on Socrative's suitability for enhancing formative and summative assessment in EAP. https://padlet.com/kinga_maior/SocrativePIM2020
- BALEAP PIM, Northumbria University, 2021. Workshop on Padlet enhancing interaction between tutors and students through structured collaboration. https://padlet.com/kinga_maior/PM504groupEsources
- BALEAP Conference, University of Glasgow, 2021. Lightning talk on interactive feedback on students' EAP homework through Padlet. https://www.baleap.org/event/baleap-2021-glasgow