Professor William Cushley
- Assistant Vice-Principal International (External Relations)
- Professor (Life Sciences Biomolecular Sciences)
- Associate (Institute of Molecular Cell & Systems Biology)
Grants and Awards listed are those received whilst working with the University of Glasgow.
- avb5 integrin-co-receptor interactions controlling ALL growth and survival
2012 - 2014
- Regulation of Pre-B ALL Cell Growth by Adhesion-Independent Signalling via the avb5 Integrin
Leukaemia Research Fund
2008 - 2010
- 1998 - present: Immunology
- 1988 - present: Biochemical Journal - Member, Editorial Advisory Board
Grant Advisory Board
- 2006 - 2009: Medical Research Scotland - Member of the Grant Panel and Trustee
- 2005 - present: Babraham Institute - Member of Audit Committee
- 2004 - present: Babraham Institute - Member of the Board of Directors
- 2003: European Commission Framework VI - Member, Evaluation Panel, Areas 41 and 42; The Environment & Health and Allergic Responses to Environmental Agents.
- 2001: BBSRC - Member, Visiting Group, Babraham Institute
- 2001 - 2005: BBSRC - Member, Experimental Research in Ageing (ERA) Initiative Working Party. Deputy Chairman of grants-awarding panel.
- 2001: European Commission Framework V - Evaluator, Quality of Life Key Action 4; The Environment and Health. Evaluator, Quality of Life Special Call; Endocrine Disruptors. Evaluator and Member, Stage 2 Evaluation Panel, Quality of Life Key Action 7.3; Chronic & Degenerative Diseases.
- 2001: BBSRC - Member, Molecular Sciences, Quality of Science Panel
- 1998 - 2001: BBSRC - Member Science of Ageing (SAGE) Initiative Working Party.
Invited International Presentations
- 2005: London, England - UK CLL Forum, invited speaker.
- 2005: Philadelphia, USA - Inflamation and Immune Diseases, Strategic Research Institute, invited plenary speaker.
Professional Learned Society
- - present: British Society of Immunology - Vice-Chair