Dr Chris McInerny
- Reader (Life Sciences Biomolecular Sciences)
- Associate (Institute of Molecular Cell & Systems Biology)
My research interests focus on the regulation the cell division cycle, using the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe as a model organism. We study the role of gene expression in regulating progression through the cell cycle, and are particularly interested in the processes that mediate cytokinesis and cell separation.
The role of cell and life cycle specific transcription in fission yeast.
Click here for more information about Chris's research interests.
Grants and Awards listed are those received whilst working with the University of Glasgow.
- Cell and life cycle specific transcription in fission yeast
Medical Research Council
2003 - 2006
- Plo1+ regulation of M-G1 transcription in fission yeast
2003 - 2006
I help run the MRes in Biomedical Sciences, which is proving to be very popular with students who wish to pursue a career in biomedical research.
Grant Advisory Board
- 2009 - present: Faculty of 1000 - Faculty Member
Invited International Presentations
- 2009: Gothenburg, Sweden - Invited seminar Institute of Biomedicine, University of Gothenburg. "Regulation of M-G1 specific gene expression in fission yeast"
- 2008: Singapore - Invited Seminar at University
- 2008: Kyiv, Ukraine - 12th International Congress on Yeasts
- 2007: Copenhagen, Denmark - Chair of Session, Fourth International Fission Yeast Meeting
- 2007: Salamanca, Spain - Invited Seminar at University
- 2005: Crete, Greece - Chair and Plenary oral presentation, 10th World Congress on Advances in Oncology
- 2004: San Diego, USA - Third International Fission Yeast Meeting UC San Diego
- 2004: Glasgow, Scotland - BioScience2004
- 2004: San Francisco, USA - Invited seminar at Raven Biotechnologies
- 2002: Kyoto, Japan - Second international Fission yeast Meeting