Dr Steven Gillespie
- Senior Lecturer (Interdisciplinary Studies)
Steven holds a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Management, MSc in Environmental Science and PhD in Sustainable Rural Development.
Steven is currently Programme Director of the BSc Environmental Science and Sustainability degree and contributes to several MSc programmes.
Ecological restoration; Community land ownership; Upland management; Sustainable rural tourism
- Gillespie, S. (PI) (2020) Solway Firth cockle (Cerastoderma edule) relaying feasibility study. UK Seafood Innovation Fund, Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas). £28,673
- Gillespie, S. (PI), Hill, C. (2017) Galloway and Southern Ayrshire Biosphere Reserve. £10k
- Gillespie, S. & River Annan Trust (2017 - 2019) Funding for Ecological Traineeship linked to Environmental Science & Sustainability programme. £16k from Holywood Trust.
- Davies M, Bold V, MacLeod D, Gillespie S, and Wood B (2010-2011 ASRF Seedcorn Fund Round 1). Participatory identification of research challenges for the Galloway and South Ayrshire Biosphere. March to July 2011
Chimwemwe Chagunda - Legacies of Agritourism
BSc (Hons) Environmental Science and Sustainability
- Level 2: Human Impacts on the Environment (DUMF2070)
- Level 3:
- Level 4: Environmental Stewardship Project (DUMF4010P)
MSc Management and Sustainable Tourism
MSc Tourism, Heritage and Develoment
MSc Tourism, Heritage and Sustainability
Full Member of the Institution of Environmental Sciences (MIEnvS)
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Member of the British Ecological Society