History at the University of Glasgow invites applications for the Charlotte Nicholson Postgraduate Bursary in History
This bursary is awarded annually to a student who has been awarded a place on a taught postgraduate programme in History at the University of Glasgow, and who would otherwise not receive funding for Masters study.
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- The bursary shall be awarded to a student who has already been accepted for taught postgraduate study in History at the University of Glasgow, namely the MLitt/MSc in History (including all its named options: Gender History, Scottish History, History of Medicine, Medieval History, Early Modern History and Modern History), the MLitt in American Studies and the MLitt in War Studies.
- Students already receiving a fees only or fees and stipend scholarship will not be eligible for the bursary.
- The bursary shall consist of an annual payment consisting of the sum equivalent to Home/EU tuition fees (£6800 in 2015-16).
- The bursary may be awarded to a Home/EU or International student.
- The bursary shall be held by any one student for a period of up to 1 year.
- The bursary shall be paid in one instalment at the start of the academic session.
- The award shall be made primarily on the basis of motivation and academic ability, with weight also being given to the level of financial need where this is possible to evidence.
- Selection shall be undertaken by the Head of Subject in History and/or her/his nominated staff members.
Candidates should submit the applications they made to a taught postgraduate programme in History at the University of Glasgow, along with evidence of the award of a place on that programme, and a personal statement. In the first instance these should be sent via e-mail to the Convenor of Taught Postgraduate Programmes in History, Dr Martin MacGregor (Martin.MacGregor@glasgow.ac.uk).
The deadline for submission is FRIDAY 17 JULY 2015.
First published: 17 June 2015