Mrs Olga Utkina-Macaskill
- Project Support Co-ordinator (MRC/CSO Social & Public Health Sciences Unit)
Olga graduated with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from the Leningrad Shipbuilding University in 1993.
After starting a family, Olga began her working career as a Marketing and Project Manager for one of Kazakhstan’s leading direct marketing companies in 1999, before moving to Scotland in 2008. Here, Olga worked as a Facilities Manager and Business Co-ordinator at Horizon Scotland, Graham & Sibbald and Penumbra before moving to the University of Glasgow in 2015.
Olga joined the MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit in February 2015. She is a project support administrator for the Complexity Programme and was a member of the HelpMeDoIt! trial team, leading various qualitative components of the study. The HelpMeDoit! study seeks to harness social support to help people lose weight using new technologies. She was involved in working on the MRC and NIHR funded guidance update for Developing and Evaluating Complex Interventions (published in 2021). She is also an administrator for ASSIST Global- Feasibility study of a peer-led, school-based, adolescent smoking prevention intervention in culturally different middle income countries.
Olga’s other current and previous roles:
- Member of the University Shadow Board
- Member of the local organising committee for the International Conference of Behavioural Medicine, Glasgow 2021.
- Administrator for the Solutions Focussed Research Theme
- Member of the Athena Swan promotion work group
- Member of the SPHSU’s Research Fox Group