Dr Katie Brown
- Clinical GP University Lecturer (General Practice & Primary Care)
Dr Katie Brown is a graduate of Glasgow University Medical School and undertook General Practice training in south east Scotland.
Following completion of her GP training she undertook a Fellowship in Health Inequalities with NHS Education for Scotland in south East Scotland and worked as a GP in Edinburgh's homeless health service. She moved back to Glasgow in 2017 and undertook a Fellowship in Medical Education in the west of Scotland with NHS Education for Scotland and is now an GP Associate Advisor for GP Trainee Education and Exam Support in the West of Scotland.
She has been involved in teaching at the medical school in varying roles since 2017 including Y1 Vocational Studies, Y3 communication skills, Professionalism Lead for Glasgow Access Programme, Admissions Interviewer and OSCE examiner.
She is a Clinical University Lecturer in the department of General Practice and was appointed as Deputy Lead Clinical Practice in the Community and Lead for Junior General Practice modules of Year 3. She is also the Assessment Lead and Supervisor for the Year 2 GP-based SSC programme: The Social Determinants of Health & Tackling Health Inequalities.
- Module Lead for Year 3 Junior General Practice
- Module Deputy for Year 3 Clinical Practice in the Community
- Assessment Lead and Supervisor for the Year 2 GP-based SSC programme: The Social determinants of Health & Tackling health inequalities
- Year 3 Communication Skills Tutor