Dr Richard Boothroyd
- Research Associate (School of Geographical & Earth Sciences)
I am a river scientist interested in capturing the dynamics of fluvial systems using remote sensing techniques. Current post-doctoral research focuses on hydrometeorological hazards in tropical rivers, investigating geomorphic change (i.e., erosion and deposition) and flood risk in the Philippines.
- 2019 - present: Fluvial Geomorphology Research Associate, University of Glasgow
- 2018 - 2019: Lecturer in Physical Geography, University of Manchester
- 2017 - 2018: Hydraulic Modeller, Mott MacDonald, Leeds
- 2013 - 2017: PhD Physical Geography, Durham University
Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) Fellowship - 2021-22 ($10,000)