Dr Tanaya Guha
- Senior Lecturer (School of Computing Science)
I am a Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, where I am a member of the Glasgow Interactive Systems (GIST) section. My research focuses on developing machine intelligence capabilities to understand human activities and behaviour combining machine learning, computer vision and signal/speech processing.
I received my PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver. After graduation, I was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Signal and Information Processing Institute, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles. Subsequently, I was an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at IIT Kanpur, India. Later I moved to the UK to join the Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, where I still hold an Honorary Associate Professor position.
I was a recipient of Warwick Global Research Priority award, ICME Outstanding Area Chair award and Mensa Canada Woodhams memorial scholarship, among other awards and honours. I am a member of ISCA, IEEE, an elected member of IEEE MSA Technical Committee and an Executive Committee member of AAAC. I serve in the Editorial Board of Nature Scientific Reports and APSIPA Transactions on Signal and Information Processing. I am actively involved in the Organising/Program Committees of various conferences including Interspeech, WACV, ICME, ICMI and ACII. More information about my research and activities can be found on my personal website.
- PI: Latent Graph Learning and Classification. Intel Corporation Small Grant. 2022 - 2023.
- PI: Multimodal Learning for In-Car Driver Activity Monitoring. Ford University Research Program. 2021 - 2023.
- PI: Crossmodal Biometric Matching. Warwick RDF Award. 2019.
- PI: Application-aware Image Quality Assessment. Indian Space Research Organization. 2016 - 2018. CoI: Holistic Scene Understanding. Samsung Research. 2017 - 2018.
- PI: NVIDIA Academic GPU Grant. 2017.