Many of our academic staff members in Supramolecular, Electronic & Magnetic Systems started their independent research career on prestigious Fellowships (EPSRC; Royal Society University Research Fellowship; Royal Society of Edinburgh Fellowship; Leverhulme Trust Fellowship and Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Fellowship).
If you are interested in applying for a fellowship or any other award, please send your CV and brief outline of the research you would like to carry out in Glasgow to the Head of Section. You should not underestimate how long it takes to submit a grant, so contact us well before the expected deadline for application.
Information about the various types of Fellowship, the application procedure and typical closing dates, can be found via the following links:
- RSE/STFC Enterprise Fellowships (Typical deadline: Early May)
- Royal Society of Edinburgh Fellowships (Typical deadline: Mid February)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships (Typical deadline: Mid September)
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships (Typical deadline: Early January)
- Marie Curie Fellowships (Typical deadline: Depending on Scheme individual early September)
- EPSRC Fellowships (any time)
- Leverhulme Trust
- Newton Fellowships (Typical deadline: Early March)
Before applying for a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship you are strongly encouraged to identify and approach a potential mentor within the group. Your mentor will discuss with you your choice of Fellowship scheme, your project and offer you guidance and advice. For processing the costing and submission of your Fellowship you should contact the Grants Team at email@example.com. They will be able to advise you on the specific rules that govern each Fellowship scheme including eligible costs and funding level. Note that all applications must be approved by the relevant Head of School, including outline applications. Please allow plenty of time for discussion and never submit your application until approval has been obtained.