Dr Malachi Willis
- Research Associate (MRC/CSO Social & Public Health Sciences Unit)
Malachi is a Research Associate in the Relationships and Health as well as the Complexity in Health programmes of the MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Unit at the University of Glasgow, working on projects like the National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles and Health Behaviour in School-Aged Children. Outside of these studies, most of his research focuses on how people experience and communicate sexual consent.
Malachi was previously a Lecturer in Psychology at the University of Greenwich. He earned a PhD in Community Health Promtion and MSc in Statistics and Analytics from the University of Arkansas, an MA in Experimental Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and an MA in Forensic Psychology from Marymount University.
Professional activities & recognition
Prizes, awards & distinctions
- 2020: Excellence in Research (Graduate Professional Student Congress)
- 2018: Rising Scholar (Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality)
- 2016 - 2020: Doctoral Academy Fellowship at the University of Arkansas
- 2019 - 2021: Journal of Sex Research
- 2020 - 2021: Archives of Sexual Behavior
- 2020 - 2021: Psychology & Sexuality
Professional & learned societies
- 2019: Scientific Planning Committee, International Academy of Sex Research
- 2018: Scientific Review Committee, Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
- 2018: Science Writer, Society for Personality and Social Psychology