Welcome to the September 2018 edition of HAWKEYE,
IHW's monthly newsletter
Dates for our diaries: training and events
IHW events and meetings
- 28 Sep 2018: Inaugural lecture by Professor Emma McIntosh
- 05 to 07 Oct 2018: Hacking for health
- 24 Oct 2018: Inaugural lecture by Professor Hamish McLeod
- 01 Nov 2018: Maurice Bloch Lecture: Artificial intelligence applications for primary care | The Hunt Study
- 07 Nov 2018: Towards a tobacco-free generation: where next?
- 13 Dec 2018: Inaugural lecture by Professor Neil Hawkins
- Various dates: MRC/CSO Milestone Year Seminar Series
Social and support events
- 10 Oct 2018: World's Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Various dates: IHW maternity and paternity coffee mornings
- Various dates: IHW new staff coffee mornings
- 01 to 05 Oct 2018: Decision analytic modelling methods for economic evaluation
- Oct to Nov 2018: Evening CPD for primary care professionals (COPD, young adults' mental health, menopause management)
Save the date
- 01 Feb 2019 (early evening):
Family-friendly IHW Burns supper and ceilidh
- 26 Feb 2019 (10am to 4pm):
- 23 May 2019 (10am to 1.30pm):
"Out of sight, out of mind?"
Invisible disabilities in work and study environments
Find out more or volunteer to contribute
Information about externally-organised events involving IHW staff is available here
Quote of the month
"Compassion builds a door. Restlessness cuts a key. Step off proudly into the sunlight and don't look back." Rumi
People and projects
Tue, 15 May 2018 15:06:00 BST
Knowledge exchange and public engagement
How can we do better?
Wed, 16 May 2018 12:18:00 BST
Is there an event or activity you'd like us to organise? A change to a process, practice, or to the IHW culture? Something we could be doing better or differently? Add something to our e-suggestions box (anonymously if you wish) and let us know your thoughts and ideas.
Athena SWAN, equality, diversity and inclusion
Wed, 02 May 2018 17:15:00 BST
Staff and student noticeboard [internal access only]
PLEASE NOTE This feed shows the most recent noticeboard items. For older items, please click on "Full listings" at the bottom of this section.
28 AprSMaRteN, in partnership with Vitae, is conducting research into the impact of COVID-19 on the working lives of doctoral researchers and research staff, with the aim of providing insights to enable the sector to better support early career researchers
27 AprStaff and students can now access a list of tips, advice and sources of support to help them cope in the current circumstances
21 AugFind out what action has been taken in response to your comments and suggestions
06 FebWorking group chairs and other staff responsible for putting together IHW Athena SWAN reports should now use a standardised template
18 FebDid you know... Sending fewer emails can help the planet as well as making mailboxes less cluttered and distracting
18 FebTwo externally-organised sessions are running in March 2020 aimed at early career dementia researchers which may be of interest to some in IHW
Submit a story
Wed, 02 May 2018 17:27:00 BST
HAWKEYE is your opportunity to promote your research, teaching, awards, and other achievements, and publicise your events. Submissions are welcome from all IHW staff and students. The deadline for items to appear in the next edition is the third Monday in the month.