Postgraduate Research Experience Survey 2009
PRES 2009 ran in March, with response rates as high as 60% in some Graduate Schools. Thanks to all of you who took part.
Satisfaction remains high with supervision and the research environment. Thanks to some new developments since the 2008 survey, we are pleased to see that there have been further improvements in satisfaction levels in the following areas:
- Opportunities to develop research skills (12% increase)
- Opportunities to develop transferable skills (13% increase)
- Knowledge of who to approach to find things out or if an issue arises (14% increase)
However, we know there is still work to be done, particularly in:
- Institutional response to PGR feedback
- Support for researchers who teach
A full breakdown of results is available (campus only). Graduate Schools are now drawing up plans to ensure the environment, culture and support provided for researchers at Glasgow is the best possible.