Cohorts & Clinical Trials
The Immune-Mediated Inflammatory Disease Biobanks in the UK (IMID-Bio-UK) has been funded by the Medical Research Council (MR/R014191/1) in order to transform this scenario by bringing together eight immune-mediated inflammatory disease (IMID) cohorts / tissue biobanks linking initially rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), psoriasis, primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), autoimmune hepatitis (AIH), and primary Sjögren’s syndrome into one single searchable and analysable dataset available to all bona fide researchers whether they are from academia or industrial institutions.
These resources will be made available to researchers to study IMID biology and predict drug response, using molecular markers to define common and unique mechanisms of disease progression and drug action. This will enable wider, safer use of biologics and new medicines across the IMID spectrum. By bringing together IMID samples and comparing data and clinical practice, we will optimise clinical pathways for common IMIDs, and provide much needed insight into biologic use in rarer or poorly characterised IMIDs, ultimately delivering patient benefit and health care savings.
For more information about the individual trials included in IMID-Bio-UK, click on the accordian below.
Click here to find out more about individual studies
Most of the samples and data in our network come from patients who have, or will in the future, participate in clinical research. We are very grateful to them for providing us with the samples and information that make our research possible.
Below is a list of trials from which we will access samples and data in order to research across the spectrum of immune mediated inflammatory diseases. Click on the links to find out more about each individual study.
- The BILAG Biologics Register (BILAG-BR)
- MAximizing Sle ThERapeutic PotentiaL by Application of Novel and Stratified approaches (MASTERPLANS)
- Maximising Therapeutic Utility in Rheumatoid Arthritis (MATURA)
- Pathobiology of Early Arthritis Cohort (PEAC)
- Psoriasis Stratification to Optimise Relevant Therapy (PSORT)
- The RA-MAP Consortium (RA-MAP)
- Scottish Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (SERA)
- Towards A Cure for Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (TACERA)
- The United Kingdom Primary Biliary Cholangitis (UK-PBC)
- The United Kingdom Autoimmune Hepatitis Cohort (UK-AIH)
- United Kingdom Primary Sjögren's Syndrome Registry (UKPSSR)