Teaching and supervision
Staff and research students in the Centre contribute to teaching around disability at undergraduate and postgraduate level including standalone courses such as 'Disabling Society' and contributing disability perspectives to wider courses and teaching around sociology, the body and health, and social and public policy, reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of Disability Studies.
See more about our postgraduate researchers and their topics.
Through our work we inform and engage with civil society, governments and organisations seeking to advance the rights of disabled people in societies across the globe.
We do this by:
- Working with Disabled Peoples Organisations (DPOs) to produce high quality research.
- Provide evidence to Scottish and UK government on health and social care.
- Contribute to discussions around human rights framework incorporation into law.
- Developing innovative methodologies to ensure participation of disabled people.
- Contributing to civil society discussions raising issues affecting disabled people in Scotland and beyond.