CCSE Members Published at Koli Calling 2021
The CCSE saw a slew of members publishing and presenting at Koli Calling 2021. With six papers and one poster, along with various co-authors and colleagues from several institutions the CCSE have collated an impressive contribution to the conference and to the corpus of CS Education literature.
The list of publications are:
- Learning in Context: A First Look at a Graduate Apprenticeship by Sebastian Dziallas, Sally Fincher, Matthew Barr & Quintin Cutts
- Spatial Skills and Demographic Factors in CS1 by Anna Ly, Jack Parkinson, Quintin Cutts, Michael Liut & Andrew Petersen
- Evaluating a Pedagogy for Improving Conceptual Transfer and Understanding in a Second Programming Language Learning Context by Ethel Tshukudu, Quintin Cutts & Mary Ellen Foster
- Visual recipes for slicing and dicing data: teaching data wrangling using subgoal graphics by Lovisa Sundin, Nourhan Sakr, Juho Leinonen, Sherif Aly & Quintin Cutts
- English versus Native Language for Higher Education in Computer Science: A Pilot Study by Taj Muhammad Khan & Syed Waqar Nabi
- No Gender Difference in CS1 Grade for Students with Programming from High School: An Exploratory Study by Børge K. Gjelsten, Gunnar R. Bergersen, Dag I. K. Sjøberg & Quintin Cutts
- Opportunities to Fail: Using Peer-review to support Assessment Literacy in Cyber Security by Joseph Maguire & Rosanne English
Congratulations to all the accepted authors!
First published: 17 November 2021