Research title: Examining the blame-shifting culture in the Hebrew Bible
My research is looking at blame-shifting in the Hebrew Bible and its influence and parallels to victim-blaming in our own culture and society.
Stone, Sara. "Bye Bye Binary: God as Mother-Bear." The Shiloh Project, June 15th, 2022. https://www.shilohproject.blog/bye-bye-binary-god-as-mother-bear/
Stone, Sara. "Those who plow iniquity and sow trouble reap the same: An exploration into blame-shifting culture in the Hebrew Bible." In Women and Gender in the Bible: Texts, Intersections, Intertexts, edited by Zanne Domoney-Lyttle and Sarah Nicholson, 204-221. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2021.
Stone, Sara. "The man said, 'The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave fruit from the tree and I ate' (Gen. 3:12): Shifting the blame in the story of The Fall." The Shiloh Project, January 7th, 2020. https://www.shilohproject.blog/the-man-said-the-woman-whom-you-gave-to-be-with-me-she-gave-me-fruit-from-the-tree-and-i-ate-gen-3-12-shifting-the-blame-in-the-story-of-the-fall/
- College of Arts Research Support Award (RSA), March 2022.
- "Adam, Eve, and the Serpent: Blame-shifting in Genesis 3 and Beyond." Scottish Universities Biblical Studies Postgraduate Day Conference, University of Edinburgh, June 5th 2023.
- "Blame-shifting in the Book of Job and the Climate Crisis." Interruptions - Theological Responses to Suffering, Crisis, and Death: The Society for the Study of Christian Ethics (SSCE) Postgraduate Conference, University of Oxford, March 11th 2022.
- "She gave me fruit from the tree and I ate: Genesis 3 and a victim-blaming culture in the Hebrew Bible." Scottish Theology and Religious Studies Postgraduate Conference, University of Glasgow, June 8th 2021.
- "I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs and will tear open the covering of their heart (Hos. 13:8): God as Mother-Bear." Women and God: Logia Postgraduate Conference, University of St Andrews, May 27th 2021.
- "The obligation to reproduce (?): Reproductive 'rights' in the Bible." Divine Bodies Conference, University of Glasgow, April 1st 2021.
- "The parallel between Genesis 3:16 and the 'Good Wife' of Proverbs 31:10-31." Women and Gender in the Bible and the Ancient World Conference, University of Glasgow, March 29th 2019.
TRS1007 The God Question
TRS1005 + TRS4061 Biblical Hebrew
TRS4112 Women and Gender in the Bible and the Ancient World
- Co-convener of FemBible (a feminist bible reading group), January 2022 - present.
- Co-organiser of the Divine Bodies Conference, University of Glasgow, April 1st 2021.