Highly Cited Researchers list 2018
The University of Glasgow has doubled the number of researchers who appear in the Clarivate Analytics list of Global Highly Cited Researchers 2018 compared to last year.
The list recognises researchers whose citation record places them in the top 1% for their field in the last 11-year window.
This year, the University has 10 researchers in this category compared to five last year.
- Professor Dave Adams, Chair in Chemistry
- Professor Andrew Briggs (IHW) Chair in Health Economics
- Professor John Cleland (IHW) (Robertson Centre for Biostatistics)
- Professor Alan Crozier (SoM) Honorary Senior Research Fellow, formerly Professor of Plant Biochemistry
- Professor Ian Ford (IHW), Senior Research Fellow, Robertson Centre for Biostatistics
- Professor Iain McInnes (III), Professor of Experimental Medicine
- Professor John McMurray (CAMS), Professor of Cardiology
- Professor Neil Metcalfe (BAHCM), Professor of Behavioural Ecology
- Professor Rich Mitchell (IHW), MRC/CSO Social & Public Health Sciences Unit)
- Professor Naveed Sattar (ICAMS), (Cardiovascular & Medical Sciences)
Of the 10 UofG academics recognised this year, four were also listed last year: Professors John McMurray, Ian Ford, Alan Crozier and Naveed Sattar.
Professor Miles Padgett, Vice-Principal for Research, said: “I am delighted to see the University of Glasgow’s improved performance in our Highly-Cited Researcher numbers. This demonstrates that our academics continue to break new ground and drive forward their world-leading research.
“The number of our highly cited researchers contributes to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) rankings, where this measure is weighted at 20%.”
First published: 27 November 2018