Events and trips with Residence Life
The Residence Life teams host regular events for students staying in University of Glasgow accommodation so that you can meet new people, try new things, and make the most of your time in halls.
We also organise Residence Life Adventures, which are hassle-free day trips to exciting locations across Scotland that give you the opportunity to explore our beautiful country alongside your peers.
The Residence Life teams organise a vibrant calendar of regular events for students living in halls, including socials, game nights, craft clubs, workshops, and more. These on-site events are a great opportunity to make new friends, try new activities, develop skills, and take time out from studying. They are free to attend and all residents are welcome, although some events may have a limited capacity or require advance booking.
If you are facing any barriers to attending an event, please get in touch with your Residence Life team to have a chat about how we can support you.
Reslife Adventures are exciting, hassle-free coach trips, which provide the perfect opportunity to explore bucket-list locations across Scotland and make connections with your peers.
You'll enjoy private coach travel, receive activity and sightseeing recommendations, and have friendly Residence Life Assistants on board to help you break the ice, answer questions, and support you throughout the trip.
You also have the chance to win tickets to a future adventure by sending your photos of the trip to firstname.lastname@example.org alongside a completed Reslife Adventure Media Consent Form. We can't wait to see them!
Who can attend
- Current residents staying in University of Glasgow accommodation are welcome to attend our Reslife Adventures, including students living in nomination sites who have a contract of accommodation with the university.
- Each resident can also book a ticket for a guest to join them, provided that the following conditions are met:
- The guest must be a current student of the University of Glasgow,
- The resident will be responsible for their guest throughout the trip,
- The resident is required to make payment on behalf of their guest, due to restrictions with the payment system.
- If you live in family accommodation and would like your family to attend, please contact email@example.com.
Booking and payment
How to book
You must complete both of the following steps in order to secure your place:
- Book a ticket on our appointment booking system.
Please include your phone number in the booking notes, which will only be used in case of emergency.
Each attendee must book a ticket via the appointment booking system. Additional tickets cannot be requested within the booking notes.
- Pay for your ticket on MyCampus
- Log in to MyCampus,
- Under Finances, click 'Make a Payment',
- Click the 'Purchase Items' tab at the top of the page,
- Under 'University Services Purch Item', add the quantity of tickets you would like to pay for next to the relevant trip,
- Click next and follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your order and pay.
You should receive a confirmation email from the Appointment Booking System but you will not receive an email following payment on MyCampus. You can check if the payment went through in your MyCampus account.
- If you are a current University of Glasgow accommodation resident and are unable to see the 'University Services Purch Items', please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check that you have the correct permissions.
- If you are a non-resident, the resident you are a guest of will need to make payment on your behalf.
- If you have added the tickets to your cart but can't complete payment, double check that you have entered the correct card information, including the correct name and billing address of the cardholder. Your billing address is the address your card is registered to, which may be different from your current address. If all of the information is correct and you are still unable to complete payment, please try again at a later date or contact your card provider.
- We are unable to accept any other forms of payment.
Refunds are not available unless the trip is unable to go ahead, in which case the funds will be returned to your MyCampus account. Please note that if your MyCampus account is in arrears, the refunded amount is automatically deducted from any outstanding moneys owed.
If you are unable to attend, you can either:
- Transfer your ticket to a later Reslife Adventure (subject to availability) by sending your name, student number, and preferred trip to email@example.com
- Transfer your ticket to a friend by sending their name, student number, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The new attendee must be a University of Glasgow accommodation resident and any exchange of funds is the responsibility of the students.
Pre-trip information will be sent to your student email account prior to departure.
All attendees are expected to:
- Adhere to the university's Student Contract and Residential Code of Conduct throughout the trip
- Arrive on time to the coach pick-up point:
Main Gate, University Avenue G12 8QQ
Please note that refunds are not given for missed departures
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the destination and weather conditions
- Bring the necessary essentials for the trip, including:
- A charged mobile device that can be contacted in case of emergency
- Student ID card
- Spending money
Reslife Adventures are not catered unless stated, therefore attendees are responsible for any food and drink during the trip.