Safety Advice for UofG Students On and Off Campus
Content Advisory: Sexual Violence. If you would like to access support, without reading further, please follow this link.
The university has been made aware of suspicious activity by an individual in the central campus area and has alerted the relevant authorities.
As always, student and colleague safety is our number one priority. We encourage all of our community to download the SafeZone app and use it to report any suspicious behaviour. Students and colleagues can also contact the security team at the front gate.
The SafeZone App app is monitored 24 hours a day by the UofG Security team ensuring the safety and security of our students - whether it be on campus, at halls or worldwide.
The main functions of the SafeZone App:
- The blue button is for general enquiries if you have any questions or need help in a non-emergency situation, such as you're a little lost.
- The red button is for emergencies and shares your location with the security team so they can find and assist you as quickly as possible. There's also the option to call emergency services. If you are not within range of the campus the app will call 999 for you, but the security team here at UofG will still be alerted and they'll get in touch to check if you're okay.
- The green button is for first aid if you or someone around you needs medical assistance.
- Watch our Security Team and Amy from the SRC talking about UofG SafeZone
- Student Emergency and Crisis Support
First published: 22 April 2021