The tuition fee you pay will vary depending on your fee status and your programme. Tuition fees are detailed in the table below.
For many applicants, your fee status is the same as your current country of residence. However, not all cases are this straightforward. We use the information you provide on your application to determine your fee status, and will confirm this with you after you submit your application.
"My home is in Scotland and I am studying in Scotland."
If the above statement applies to you then you will probably be classified as a Scottish student for fee purposes.
Who will pay my tuition fees?
You can apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) to have your tuition fees paid in full, providing you meet their residence conditions. You must apply to SAAS every year to ensure your fees are paid.
SAAS also confirms the tuition fee for Scottish and EU students.
SAAS funding - the basics
The Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) pays tuition fees to the University for eligible Scottish domiciled and EU students (except those in England, Wales or Northern Ireland).
You must apply for payment of your fees to SAAS before the start of each year of your programme of study.
If you do not apply for SAAS funding or SAAS determine that you are ineligible then you will become personally liable for your fees.
For more information on SAAS funding options please consult the Student Guide- SAAS Funding and Repeat Study.
Apply for funding
Apply as early as possible. Do not wait for exam results or a firm offer.
- Apply online via the SAAS website from April onwards
- Submit your application by 30 June to ensure your funding is in place for the start of your course
Closing dates for applications
Final closing date for applications in Academic Year 2018-2019 is 31 March 2019.
If SAAS receive your application after the final closing dates shown above, you will receive no funding, including tuition fees.
You have applied. What's next?
- After you have completed your SAAS application, you will receive a SAAS reference number. Please keep a note of the SAAS reference number as you will need it to complete financial registration in MyCampus.
- Your tuition fees may still appear on your account after you have supplied the required SAAS reference. The tuition fees remaining on your account will not affect your ability to perform any actions in MyCampus including being able to enrol in your classes.
- SAAS will assess your entitlement and send you an award notice which will tell you how much you will receive and how it will be paid. Please keep this letter safe as you may need to refer to it.
- Once we have had confirmation from SAAS of your funding we will transfer these fees from your account.
- If you have not heard from SAAS within 28 days of submitting your application, please contact them.
Your student loan
- If you have applied for a student loan, SAAS will send this information electronically to the Student Loans Company (SLC).
- The SLC will set up your loan account and send you a payment schedule to tell you how and when they will pay your loan.
- You should normally expect to receive your payment schedule about six weeks before the start of your course.
Are your fees correct?
It is your responsibility to ensure your financial account on MyCampus is correct.
Contact the Accounts Receivable team immediately if the fees do not reflect what you expect: