The tuition fee you pay will vary depending on your fee status and your programme. Tuition fees are detailed in the table below.
For many applicants, your fee status is the same as your current country of residence. However, not all cases are this straightforward. We use the information you provide on your application to determine your fee status, and will confirm this with you after you submit your application.
"My home is in Scotland and I am studying in Scotland."
If the above statement applies to you then you will probably be classified as a Scottish student for fee purposes.
Irish nationals who are living in the Common Travel Area of the UK, EU nationals with settled or pre-settled status, and Internationals with Indefinite Leave to remain status can also qualify for home fee status. Please refer to Fee Status Policy.
Who will pay my tuition fees?
You can apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) to have your tuition fees paid in full, providing you meet their residence conditions. You must apply to SAAS every year to ensure your fees are paid.
SAAS also confirms the tuition fee for Scottish students. Current tuition fee is £1,820 per year.
The Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) pays tuition fees to the University for eligible Scottish domiciled students. You may also be eligible for cost of living support from SAAS.
You must apply for payment of your fees to SAAS before the start of each year of your programme of study.
If you do not apply for SAAS funding or SAAS determine that you are ineligible then you will become personally liable for your fees.
Apply for funding
Apply as early as possible. Do not wait for exam results or a firm offer.
- Apply online via the SAAS website from April onwards
- Submit your application by 30 June to ensure your funding is in place for the start of your course
Your student loan
- If you have applied for a student loan, SAAS will send this information electronically to the Student Loans Company (SLC).
- The SLC will set up your loan account and send you a payment schedule to tell you how and when they will pay your loan.
- You should normally expect to receive your payment schedule about six weeks before the start of your course.