Dental Insurance Cover
Through our Employee Benefits provider Edenred, colleagues can access (from Monday 2nd October) dental cover at discounted rates.
With exception for new colleagues joining the university, existing colleagues must register to join the scheme within the annual window. For 2023 the window is Monday 2nd October - Friday 27th October, with policies coming into effect from 11th November 2023.
Find out more at a Live Webinar on Teams - 23 October 2023 at 1pm - 2 pm. Click to add to calendar.
What is dental cover?
Dental cover can help cover the cost of routine and essential dental treatments throughout the year through reimbursement towards the cost of routine, minor and major dental care such as check-ups, hygienist visits, fillings, crowns and even dental implants (available on selected policies). Employees can also add family members to the policy for an additional cost, and receive cover towards child orthodontic fees. The policy allows employees to visit any dentist anywhere in the world NHS or Private, helping you and your family maintain and restore your oral health.
- Your choice of dentist – NHS or Private practices
- Worldwide cover
- A fast claims payment via Unum Dental’s, simple, online paperless process
- Immediate cover – you can start claiming from your policy start date
- Cover for pre-existing conditions – excluding mouth cancer
- Cover for planned and pending treatments – where treatment has been identified but not yet started
- Dental implant cover (availability depends on cover level chosen)
- Option to add your partner and children on to the same level of cover as you (at an additional cost)
- Child orthodontic cover for insured children at an additional cost
What can I claim?
The policy has 3 levels of cover offering increasing amounts of reimbursement towards the cost of preventative, minor and major dental treatments such as:
- Check ups & X rays
- Scalings with the dentist or hygienist
- Fillings & root canal treatments
- Crowns, bridges & dentures
Plus cover towards:
- Child orthodontics
- Accident/Injury treatment including sports injuries
- Mouth cancer
- And much more…
Cover levels, exclusions and annual policy limits apply. Please read all the policy documents carefully before applying.
- Cosmetic treatment
- Treatment received before your cover starts and after your cover ends
What plan is right for me?
Comparing your own dentist’s charges to the cover available should help you pick a suitable plan.
- NHS dental treatment - all plans cover 100% of NHS dental charges
- Private dental treatment - all plans cover up to the fixed amount listed on your benefit schedule
You could also use the what plan is right for me guide which has more information if you need help picking a plan.
How much does it cost?
For Clear Plus 1 as an employee only it would cost £8.25, for you and your partner it would cost £16.50, for you and your children it would cost £16.50, for you, your partner and your children it would cost £24.75.
For Clear Plus 3 as an employee only it would cost £14.50, for you and your partner it would cost £29, for you and your children it would cost £29, and for you, your partner and your children it would cost £43.50.
For Clear Plus 5 as an employee only it would cost £29.60, for you and your partner it would cost £59.20, for you and your children it would cost £59.20, and for you, your partner and your children it would cost £88.80.
How do I apply?
The window to enrol in the insurance policy is time limited – Existing employees can only join the scheme during the enrolment period between Monday 2 October and Friday 27 October 2023. The policy will become effective from 11 November 2023.
- Log-in to the Edenred Platform using your Edenred login details (If you require a log in, please select forgotton password and enter your work email address, you will then receive an email to reset your password.)
How to make a claim
Claiming with Unum Dental is easy. There’s no need to use paper forms – with your policy you have access to an online portal to make claiming quick and easy, you can even use your smartphone. Watch the video to learn more. Please note to ensure your claim is processed as quickly as possible, please include details of your treatment, your dentist's details and proof of payment. Unum Dental cannot process any claim without proof of payment. Claims should be submitted within 12 months of the completion of your last treatment in any course. Unum Dental reserve the right not to pay any claims submitted after 12 months.
Please note: The contract will be between the policy holder and insurance provider Unum. Policy repayments are made via direct debit between the policy holder and insurer.
Cover levels, exclusions and annual policy limits apply. Please read the policy documents (provided during the application process) carefully before applying.
The University of Glasgow does not gain financially from this offer, nor does it endorse or guarantee any of the goods or services offered. You take up these offers at your own discretion and under your own responsibility.