Important road safety message
The University is in discussion with the local authorities about how it can improve road safety for students and others in the vicinity of the campuses.
In the meantime, all students are asked to take extra care when crossing roads.
You should always:
- Look right and left before crossing the road
- Use official pedestrian crossing points
- Wait for the ‘Green Man’
- Do not assume that all vehicles will stop at a red light
- Do not use your mobile phone while crossing
- Offer assistance to anyone who may need it when crossing the road.
First published: 5 June 2018