Avenue is out now
Published: 27 May 2015
Avenue 58, the June 2015 issue of your University magazine, is online now. Including features from inspiring alumni such as First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.
Avenue 58, the June 2015 issue of the magazine for alumni and friends of the University, is online now.
Nicola Sturgeon made history on 20 November 2014 when she was sworn in as the first female First Minister of Scotland. In our cover story, the leader of Scotland talks about equality, her University days and fulfilling your dreams.
Also in this issue:
Tea parties, Nirvana, choral singing and craft ales. Past and present members talk about the evolution of the QMU as the Union celebrates its 125th anniversary.
- Does where you come from determine your future success? Research challenges traditional assumptions.
- You’ve an idea for a new product or venture, what next? Two graduates and Professor of Entrepreneurship Colin Mason talk about successful innovation.
- A Q&A with Ann Allen, director of Estates & Buildings, on our changing campus
- Glasgow triumphs in UK-wide research assessment
- Researchers find classical music reduces stress in kennelled dogs
- University supports the launch of a new bowel cancer self-test
- reunion notices and reports
- alumni news
- General Council report and a column from the Convenor
- what’s on at The Hunterian
Want to hold Avenue in your hands?
Over the summer you will find printed copies of Avenue around campus, including the visitor shop, the library and the welcome point.
First published: 27 May 2015