eduroam Wi-Fi for visitors
If you are visiting UofG from another institution which uses eduroam Wi-Fi, you can also use it here. Just make sure your device is set up before you arrive.
eduroam at UofG
- SSID: eduroam
- Network access method: IEEE 802.1x
- Use your home institution username and password
Security and privacy
It is your responsibility to take steps to protect your own data and privacy while using eduroam. Seek guidance from your home institution if necessary. They may provide:
- a VPN connection you can use to secure all your online traffic
- secure web pages for email access
- other security methods such as HTTPS and SSH.
While you are visiting UofG, your use of network facilities is covered by:
- the University of Glasgow's Regulations for the use of University ICT systems and facilities
- the equivalent regulations of your home institution
- the JANET Acceptable Use Policy to which both UofG and your home institution are signatories.
Please refer to your home institution's support services for assistance on configuring your device. UofG support staff can only advise on the availability of eduroam on campus.