Property Away From The Premises Or On Loan to The University
The University's standard Property Damage cover is subject to a £50,000 excess which means the Insurers will only become involved where any one claim exceeds this amount.
However, Property Damage cover with a £1,000 excess can be arrange in the following circumstances:
- University property which is being removed from University premises and is being used by University personnel for business purposes
- Property on loan to the University where the conditions of the loan require a lower excess
In addition to the £1,000 excess, cover is subject to the item being kept secure and out of sight when not in use, for example, in a locked boot if being transported in a motor vehicle.
There are some items that this cover would not be arrange for:
- Computer equipment away from the premises. Separate insurance is in place for this, already subject to a £250 excess
- Items being sent for repair. Cover can be arranged for the item whist in transit but the item should be insured by the repairer whilst in their possession.
- Items being lent to external parties. The item should be insured by the receiving party.
To arrange this cover, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Details of equipment/goods
- Replacement value of items including VAT
- Inclusive cover dates
- Financial project number
Depending on the nature and value of the equipment, a charge may be made. Also, requests may need to be referred to the Insurers so please allow 5 workings days for a response.