Recruitment and Selection
This is a mandatory half-day workshop for all Appointing Committee members who will sit on an interview panel representing the University of Glasgow, or for those who are otherwise significantly involved in the recruitment and selection of staff. The workshop, which is delivered virtually via Zoom, covers practical advice for effective recruitment and selection and the opportunity to practice shortlisting and behaviour interviewing skills.
This workshop is always in high demand so we encourage colleagues to try to book as far in advance as possible, as well as considering whether others, who have had this training previously, could cover panel duties where needed at short notice. Due to demand, it is unlikely that short notice/late requests to join a session will be able to be accommodated.
This course involves pre-course reading and/or work which you should be able to complete in around 30-60 minutes.
During the workshop you will:
- recognise the legal and policy framework
- learn more about the UofG recruitment and selection process and system
- explore strategies for attracting suitably qualified candidates
- short list application forms using the criteria considered essential
- use the behavioural approach to interviewing (STAR) to ask relevant questions
- select the most suitable applicant against the job description criteria
Prior to requesting a place on the half-day workshop, you must:
- Read the supporting Recruitment information, including Recruitment & Selection Policy.
- Complete the Recruitment and Selection moodle quiz (achieving at least 80%)
- Complete Diversity in the Workplace online training (minimum score of 80% required)
- Complete Unconscious Bias in HE online training (minimum score of 80% required)
If you experience any difficulties in completing the online training, please contact email@example.com
N.B. Please note that Organisational Development is not responsible for the University’s Recruitment and Selection policy. If you have any questions on this, please contact your local Resourcing Coordinator.
To book a place on the workshop:
On completion of the pre-requisite online learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your six-digit staff number (e.g. 123456) and your preferred date (see below). Please note that the HR Core System requires that all pre-requisite training is completed before it will allow us to book places on this workshop.
- To be advised