This workshop explores the skills required in creating an environment where team members are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. This is an interactive session where the group will explore through immersive exercises and discussion, all aspects of the performance management cycle and their role as a manager. Throughout the session we will introduce participants to tools to use to support the performance of individual team members, how to provide constructive feedback and explore how to engage in meaningful dialogue by listening and asking helpful questions, reviewing and assessing progress, and focusing on how best to support people.
This course involves pre-course reading and/or work which you should be able to complete in around 30-60 minutes.
This workshop is suitable for any line managers, except for those who have completed the Management Fundamentals Programme as they will have covered this material.
During the workshop, there will be an opportunity to:
- develop an understanding on the performance management cycle and how it can be effectively utilised to manage the performance of individuals and teams
- understand the role and responsibilities of the line manager throughout the performance management cycle
- importance of feedback and creating a feedback culture
- explore how to structure 1-2-1 meetings
- be able to identify the key elements of the process and the practices in the performance management cycle
To view dates, times and to book a place or add your name to the waiting list for this workshop please login to the HR Self Service Portal