Ukrainian humanitarian aid
Please donate if you can. It truly makes a difference. So far, 840 boxes have been delivered to Kyiv, Poltava and Kharkiv. Help us reach our target of 1500 boxes by 20 May.
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, 22 University Gardens. G12 8QN
From Friday 25 March to Friday 20 May
- every Wednesday 9am – 12 noon
- every Friday 9am – 4pm
Desperately needed items (we are NOT taking clothing)
- Pain medications – infant and adult
- Tinned food goods with pull rings
- Mobile phone chargers, power banks
- Bandages, plasters, wound dressings, sterile gauzes, micropore tape etc
- First aid kits
- Dried milk, coffee, tea - individual servings
- Dried food goods - pasta, rice, noodles etc
- Antiseptics, anti-bacterial cream
- Sleeping bags, sleeping mats
- Wet wipes
- Blankets, hot water bottles
- Nappies – all sizes & adult incontinence underwear
- Non-perishable foods – chocolate bars, energy/protein bars etc
- Toiletries – Soap, shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes etc
- Baby food – cereals, dried milk, packets/jars of food etc
- Feminine hygiene products
- Water purification tablets
- Batteries – all sizes
- Bottled water
The donations collected will be transported through approved routes via Edinburgh AUGB (Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain). They have an established route through Europe and onto Poland and Ukraine.
Organisers have requested that all boxes and bags be labelled with content information as this will help process donations. And if possible, to donate multipacks rather than individual items. The team are also looking for sturdy boxes, parcel tape, poly pockets etc.
For further information or how you can volunteer to help, please contact:
Student hardship funds
Our own hardship funds are providing immediate support to those students who require financial assistance at this time. The University has taken steps to increase these funds but we still require more if we are able to help all those in crisis. Please consider making a gift to support our student community.
Thank you to everyone in our community for your support of these initiatives, and for your care towards one another, during this difficult time.