How to apply for an Arts Degree at Glasgow (USA applicants)
Choose your programme
Find the degree you want to apply for:
Check the entry requirements
Specific requirements for students from the USA are explained below.
Please note: every application is reviewed independently. We will accept a mixture of qualifications to make an offer.
You’ll need to audition to be accepted onto our Music [BMus] degree.
Complete your application
We’ll be in touch
If your application’s successful, we’ll send you more information on accommodation, life in Glasgow and next steps.
Start your University of Glasgow journey
Meet friends and study with world-class academics in a historic, cultural and creative city. Join TeamUofG and discover who you will become.
The final deadline for your application is 30 June 2018.
If you have any questions or problems with your application contact the Student Recruitment team.
Entry requirements for students from the USA
Applicants with International Baccalaureate qualifications
Applicants with 34-36 points on the full diploma will be considered for direct admission to the College of Arts.
Applicants with a USA High School Diploma
You need :
- a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- a SAT score of 1800 (minimum 600 in each section) or redesigned SAT score of 1280 or ACT score of 27
- 2 AP examinations (in relevant subjects) 4 or 2 SAT subject tests (in relevant subjects): 600+
- 3 AP examinations (in relevant subjects): 4+
- or 3 SAT subject tests (in relevant subjects): 600+
Applicants from a four-year institution or community college
- at least one year of full-time college credits
- a 3.0 cumulative GPA.