The tuition fee you pay will vary depending on your fee status and your programme. Tuition fees are detailed in the table below.
For many applicants, your fee status is the same as your current country of residence. However, not all cases are this straightforward. We use the information you provide on your application to determine your fee status, and will confirm this with you after you submit your application.
"My home is in Scotland and I am studying in Scotland."
If the above statement applies to you then you will probably be classified as a Scottish student for fee purposes.
Who will pay my tuition fees?
You can apply to the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) to have your tuition fees paid in full, providing you meet their residence conditions. You must apply to SAAS every year to ensure your fees are paid.
Tuition fees 2018/19
|Tuition fees for students from Scotland and the EU||Cost per year|
|Compulsory work placement and language abroad year||£910|
|Outgoing international exchange*||£1,820|
|Law - Graduate entry accelerated (M115) (LLB)||£8,000|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (graduate entry)||£28,500|
*Home/EU undergraduate students undertaking an exchange for a semester/year will continue to pay their normal tuition fees at Glasgow and will not be charged fees by the overseas institution.
|Students domiciled in Scotland and the EU*|
|30 credits**||£455||80 credits||£1,213|
|40 credits||£607||90 credits||£1,365|
|50 credits||£758||100 credits||£1,517|
|60 credits||£910||110 credits||£1,668|
|70 credits||£1,062||119 credits***||£1,805|
* Fees also apply to students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland who first registered before 2012.
** minimum fundable credits by SAAS
*** maximum fundable credits by SAAS
Additional fees, exceptions and notes
- The following additional fees are applicable:
- Examinations-only students pay the registration fee of £150
- The General Council fee is £50
- The exceptions to standard fees listed are correct at the time of going to press. However, you should check the fee level applicable to your course of study at the time of your admission.
- Fees quoted are for new entrants. Different fees may apply to some continuing students.
- Special fees apply to members of staff undertaking part-time study. Details may be obtained from: Tuition fees for members of staff
- Students who are eligible by virtue of previous attendances to sit degree examinations must enter for the examinations at the normal registration period at the beginning of the session and pay a registration fee of £150.
- Late fees are charged at 3% with a minimum charge of £5. Late fees will not be charged to sponsors.
SAAS funding - the basics
The Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) pays tuition fees to the University for eligible Scottish domiciled and EU students (except those in England, Wales or Northern Ireland).
You must apply for payment of your fees to SAAS before the start of each year of your programme of study.
If you do not apply for SAAS funding or SAAS determine that you are ineligible then you will become personally liable for your fees.
Apply for funding
Apply as early as possible. Do not wait for exam results or a firm offer.
- Apply online via the SAAS website from April onwards
- Submit your application by 30 June to ensure your funding is in place for the start of your course
Closing dates for applications
The closing dates to apply for support depend on when you start your course.
Final closing date for applications in Academic Year 2016-2017: 31 March 2017 (for courses that start between 1 August 2016 and 31 March 2017).
Special arrangements will apply for courses that start between 1 April 2017 and 31 July 2017. If this applies to you, SAAS will let us know the appropriate closing date.
If SAAS receive your application after the final closing dates shown above, you will receive no funding, including tuition fees.
You have applied. What's next?
- After you have completed your SAAS application, you will receive a SAAS reference number. Please keep a note of the SAAS reference number as you will need it to complete financial registration in MyCampus.
- Your tuition fees may still appear on your account after you have supplied the required SAAS reference. The tuition fees remaining on your account will not affect your ability to perform any actions in MyCampus including being able to enrol in your classes.
- SAAS will assess your entitlement and send you an award notice which will tell you how much you will receive and how it will be paid. Please keep this letter safe as you may need to refer to it.
- Once we have had confirmation from SAAS of your funding we will transfer these fees from your account.
- If you have not heard from SAAS within 28 days of submitting your application, please contact them.
Your student loan
- If you have applied for a student loan, SAAS will send this information electronically to the Student Loans Company (SLC).
- The SLC will set up your loan account and send you a payment schedule to tell you how and when they will pay your loan.
- You should normally expect to receive your payment schedule about six weeks before the start of your course.