The tuition fee you pay will vary depending on your fee status and your programme.
For many applicants, your fee status is the same as your current country of residence. However, not all cases are this straightforward. We use the information you provide on your application to determine your fee status, and will confirm this with you after you submit your application.
We await revised legislation and guidance in relation to Fee Status and will publish our 2021/22 policy as soon as possible. EU students that meet our criteria for EU Fee Status for 2021/22 and beyond will have an International tuition fee applied and may require to obtain a student visa to study in the UK. Fee Status, tuition fees and immigration requirements will be advised in your offer letter.
Tuition fees 2021/22
|Tuition fees for international students||Cost per year|
|Incoming Study Abroad (all programmes): full year||£17,650|
|Incoming Study Abroad (all programmes): one semester||£8,825|
|Arts and Social Sciences programmes||£19,350|
|Science, Engineering, Nursing and College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences programmes||£23,000|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||£46,950|
|MBChB and College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences clinical programmes||£49,950|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (BVMS)||£32,000|
|Law – Graduate entry accelerated (M115) (LLB)||£19,350
Additional fees, exceptions and notes
- The following additional fees are applicable:
- Examinations-only students pay the registration fee of £170
- The exceptions to standard fees listed are correct at the time of going to press. However, you should check the fee level applicable to your course of study at the time of your admission.
- Fees quoted are for new entrants. Different fees may apply to some continuing students.
- International students may, in certain limited circumstances, be admitted to part-time study paying an appropriate percentage of the relevant full-time international fee.
- Special fees apply to members of staff undertaking part-time study. Details may be obtained from: Tuition fees for members of staff
- Students who are eligible by virtue of previous attendances to sit degree examinations must enter for the examinations at the normal registration period at the beginning of the session and pay a registration fee of £170.
- Late fees are charged at 3% with a minimum charge of £5. Late fees will not be charged to sponsors.
- From 2016/17 all international students at Scottish Medical Schools must make a contribution to the teaching costs of the NHS (the ACT levy). The University of Glasgow is subsidising this charge for students, and the fee rate provided includes the portion being paid through student fees. No additional payment for the NHS ACT levy above the fee rate will be required from students.
Establishing relevant connection with the UK
EU students that meet our criteria for EU Fee Status for 2021/22 and beyond will have an International tuition fee applied and may require to obtain a student visa to study in the UK. Fee Status, tuition fees and immigration requirements will be advised in your offer letter.