(jointly offered with Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT))
Aerospace Engineering is an advanced engineering discipline concerned with the theory, design, manufacture and testing of flight vehicles. In addition to traditional fixed-wing and rotary wing aircraft, the degree programme approaches the discipline from a modern perspective with a focus on micro air vehicles and unmanned aerial systems. While mathematics and physical laws govern the design of flight vehicles and advance the theory of flight vehicles, a diverse range of subjects is studied, including Aircraft Performance, Flight Mechanics, Aircraft Propulsion, Flight Dynamics, Computational Aerodynamics and Flight, Guidance and Navigational Control Systems. Although Aerospace Engineering is a highly advanced and specialised engineering discipline, the degree programme is highly multi-disciplinary due the nature of aircraft, and therefore provide a wide range of employment opportunities. The analytical and problem-solving skills of the Aerospace Engineering graduate are well regarded by employers and researchers.
Introducing the School of Engineering
- The University established a Regius Chair of Civil Engineering and Mechanics in 1840, making Glasgow the oldest university school of engineering in the UK. We have been delivering a world-class engineering education for more than 160 years, building and sustaining an excellent international reputation.
- Each year our 2,500 undergraduate and postgraduate students are taught by staff renowned for their leading-edge research.
- In the UK’s 2014 independent research exercise (REF), we were placed within the top 5 in the UK for our “internationally excellent” and “world-leading” research.
- We have access to excellent facilities and collaborate with other leading universities and research institutes worldwide on a range of projects that address the technological needs of society.
- The education we provide is informed and supported by our links with industry and industrially relevant research. In Singapore, the UofG-SIT programmes seek to provide students with various dimensions of exposure to local industry in order to enhance their employability upon graduation.
- All of our existing MEng and BEng degrees are accredited by their respective professional bodies.
Introducing Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community. SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy.
As Singapore’s university of applied learning, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities.
To find out more about SIT, visit: singaporetech.edu.sg
In your first year you will study:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Mathematics I
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Engineering Mechanics I
- Fundamentals of Electronics & Circuits
- Aerospace Engineering Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Fluid Mechanics
In your second year you will study:
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Flight Mechanics
- Aerospace Control
- Simulation of Engineering Systems
- Aircraft Performance
- Flight Dynamics
- Computational Aerodynamics
- Aerospace Propulsion
- Software Engineering
- Professional Communication & Development
- Wireless Communications & Signal Processing
- Risk and Reliability Analysis
- Aerospace Manufacturing, Materials & Structures
- UAV Design Project (OIP)
During the vacation between years 2 and 3 you will take part in an overseas immersion programme in Glasgow to complete the UAV Design Project.
In your third year you will study:
- Integrated Work-Study Programme (IWSP)
- Flight & GNC Systems
- Data Analytics
- Composite Materials & FEA
- Professional Engineering Practice
- Capstone Project
To be accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Board (EAB) in Singapore.
How to apply
This degree programme is jointly offered with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) on the campus of Singapore Polytechnic in Singapore. Students will graduate will a jointly-awarded degree from the University of Glasgow and SIT.
Applications to this programme are processed by Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Please visit the SIT web site for admissions requirements or to apply online:
- For programme-related and admission enquiries please contact Singapore Institute of Technology: email: Adm@SingaporeTech.edu.sg (for local students), Adm.Intl@SingaporeTech.edu.sg (for international students) or telephone +65 6592 1136.
- For enquiries about financial aid and scholarships please email: FAS@SingaporeTech.edu.sg or telephone +65 6592 1136.