Why choose Glasgow?
Why choose Glasgow?
Spend the summer at a world-leading university
- We are a member of the British Russell Group, the UK equivalent to the Ivy League.
- Established in 1451, it is one of the ancient Scottish universities and the fourth oldest English speaking university in the world.
- Many influential figures have worked and studied at the University of Glasgow from the father of economics, Adam Smith, to the pioneer of television, John Logie Baird.
Enjoy our beautiful campus
- The university campus is surrounded by museums, galleries and parks and is located at the heart of the city's fashionable West End, home to cafés and bars hidden down cobbled lanes, world-famous restaurants and comedy clubs blended with a mix of boutique shops and Victorian architecture.
- We offer world-class sporting facilities as well as one of the best libraries in Europe, open 361 days of the year from 7.15am–2am with 2.5 million print books and journals.
- The centre of the city is just two miles away easily accessed by subway, bus or on foot.
A city of culture & sport
- Glasgow is one of the UK's largest cities and has a lively heart and friendly people.
- Glasgow is the UK’s third largest city; “the coolest city in the UK” (National Geographic Traveller) and possesses “a warmth and energy that leaves every visitor impressed” (Lonely Planet).
- Home to museums, galleries and famous festivals such as Celtic Connections, music, comedy, film, whisky, arts, jazz.
- UNESCO World City of Music, hosting over 130 vibrant music events every week including rock, pop and classical performances.
- The best shopping outside London, dubbed “a shopping paradise” by Lonely Planet.
A gateway to the rest of Scotland
- We are close to the Scottish Highlands, with Loch Lomond and stunning Scottish countryside less than an hour’s drive from Glasgow.
- A short train ride will allow you to explore the many attractions of Edinburgh, including the world's largest summer festival.
- Just 20 minutes from Glasgow International Airport - the ideal base for excellent air links to major European cities.
- All International Summer School participants who return to the University of Glasgow an undergraduate or a postgraduate taught programme will enjoy a 10% discount off their tuition fee.