Cancellation and withdrawal
Applicants should use the applicant’s self-service to withdraw from the International Summer School. The date of withdrawal will be the date recorded on the student’s account on mycampus. Applicants should get in touch with the International Summer School Manager, Ashley Lewis, immediately if they cannot withdraw their application online. Applicants who do not follow the withdrawal procedure may lose their deposit or their entire Summer School fee.
|Withdrawal Date||Deposit||Summer School Fee|
|Withdrawal before 30 April 2019 (inclusive)||Full refund of deposit||If you have paid the full Summer school fee at this time, you will receive a full refund.|
|Withdrawal between 1 May 2019 and the day prior to the start of Summer School||Deposit not refundable||Deposit not refundable If you have paid the full Summer school fee at this time, you will receive a refund minus the £400 deposit.|
|Withdrawal after the start of the Summer School||No refund||No refund|
Please note: All refunds are made in UK Sterling. The University of Glasgow cannot refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations, or offer compensation for any bank or other charges incurred. Refunds for online payments will be made onto the credit/debit card used to make the payment.
The following guidelines will apply in determining whether or not a deposit will be refunded.
A refund WILL be processed under the following circumstances:
- The University is unable to offer you a place.
- Applicant has personal circumstances such as illness, bereavement or other family situations that has prevented them coming to the UK. Medical or other proof may be requested.
- Applicant can prove that they have applied for a visa to attend the University of Glasgow, but the VISA has been refused. The applicant must have demonstrated intent to study at the University of Glasgow but has been unable to obtain their visa.
- Applicant withdraws their offer of a place before 30 April 2019.
A refund WILL NOT be processed under the following circumstances:
- Applicant withdraws their offer of a place after 1 May 2019.
- Applicant does not send completed documentation as requested in the condition of the offer. This may be required in order to prove that the offer has not been met for academic or language test conditions - failure to respond to requests for this information will result in no refund.
- Applicant has not secured funding to attend the University of Glasgow: this may be as a result of not being successful in applications for scholarships, OR simply not having sufficient funds in bank at time of visa application. This condition will apply unless it can be proven that there are clear mitigating circumstances which have significantly changed the applicant’s position since the time of application.
Cancellation by the University of Glasgow
Whilst every effort is made to avoid changes to our programme, the University reserves the right to withdraw any course and strongly suggests that applicants might like to wait until they hold an unconditional offer to make any travel arrangements AND that they consider travel insurance to cover any significant costs incurred.
If the University cancels a course more than 50 days prior to the start of Summer School, the full application fee and – if already paid – the full Summer School Fee will be refunded to the applicant. The University cannot however reimburse the cost of any travel arrangements made more than 50 days before the start of Summer School.
If the University cancels a course 50 or less days or less before the start of Summer School, the full application fee and – if already paid – the full Summer School Fee will be refunded to the applicants. The University may also consider the reimbursement of travel arrangements and visa cost and will do so on a case by case basis.