Introduction to the GAP
The Undergraduate Medical School at the University of Glasgow (UoG) is committed to the development and retention of a community of medical students reflective of the wider society, which they will eventually serve.
Through GAP we will offer a proposed expansion and enhancement of these activities which will draw upon our extensive experience to deliver a bespoke pre-medical programme that provides the necessary skills in basic science, communication and professionalism together with immersive experiential opportunity in a clinical context. Our programme has been designed to realise in full the Scottish Government’s (SG) vision of equitable access to medical school.
Aims of the GAP
• To equip students with the fundamental knowledge in science and competence in the relevant methods of scientific investigation.
• To provide students with a basic introduction to the study of Medicine
• To introduce students to the use of virtual learning environments, on-line scientific research, word processing and presentation skills.
• To develop transferable, intellectual, interpersonal and practical skills which may be of advantage for further study or in a wide range of employment.
• To develop in students the flexibility to adapt to change throughout their working lives.