Professor Kevin O'Dell
- Professor of Behaviour Genetics (Life Sciences Biomolecular Sciences)
- Dean of Public Engagement (Research Strategy and Innovation Office)
- Associate Academic (Institute of Molecular Cell and Systems Biology)
Genes and sex-specific behaviour in Drosophila melanogaster. Drosophila as a model of human mitochondrial disease, especially deafness. Drosophila as a model of human myotonic dystrophy.
Further information can be found by clicking here.
Grants and Awards listed are those received whilst working with the University of Glasgow.
- Building Superheroes: the Science of Superpowers
2013 - 2014
- Zombie Institute for Theoretical Studies: Public Engagement Project
2012 - 2015
- Confocal laser scanning microscope
2003 - 2006
- 2004 - 2004: Genes Brains and Behaviour - Guest Editor Special Edition
Invited International Presentations
- 2006: Leuven, Belgium - Invited seminar at the 11th European Drosophila Neurobiology Conference
- 2004: New York, USA - Neurobiology of Drosophila, Cold Spring Harbor
- 2004: Warwick, England - University of Warwick
- 2003: New York, USA - Neurobiology of Drosophila, Cold Spring Harbor
- 2002: Tours, France - 5th International Behavioural and Neurogenetics Society Meeting
- 2001: New York, USA - Neurobiology of Drosophila, Cold Spring Harbor
Professional Learned Society
- 1995 - ongoing: Genetics Society - Local Representative