Professor James Milner-White
- Honorary Senior Research Fellow (School of Life Sciences)
RA221 Level A2, Joseph Black Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Grant Advisory Board
- 2006 - present: European Bioinformatics Institute - Adviser for the Macromolecule Structure Database
Invited International Presentations
- 2010: Max Planck Institute, Leipzig, Germany - Meeting on "Solvation of Biomolecules", Talk on "Anion and cation binding in proteins"
- 2010: Durham University, UK - Meeting on "Prebiotic Evolution". Talk on "Peptide structures in early evolution".
- 2008: Cambridge, UK - Talk at Cambridge University Biochemistry Dept., on "Helicases"
- 2008: Cambridge, England - Cambridge University, Biochemistry Dept, UK Amyloid Formation
- 2008: Grenoble, France - IBS, Grenoble, Amyloid Formation
- 2008: Naples, Italy - Frederico II University, Amyloid Formation
- 2007: University of Firenze, Florence, Italy - "Amyloid Formation"
- 2007: University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland - "Amyloid Formation"
- 2007: Ferrara, Italy - "Rotational Effects in Polypeptides" at the University of Ferrara
- 2006: Louvain, Belgium - ECM23 Symposium, Amyloid formation
- 2006: Edinburgh, Scotland - Amyloid formation, University of Edinburgh
- 2006: Manchester, England - Anion and cation binding in proteins, University of Manchester
- 2006: East Anglia, England - Amyloid formation, University of East Anglia
- 2006: Ferrara, Italy - Anion and cation binding in proteins, University of Ferrara
- 2004: Cambridge, England - Cambridge University, EMBO Lecture Course - 3D Structure Databases - Uses for Biological Problem solving
- 2003: Koln, Germany - University of Koln, lecture
- 2003: Madison, Wisconsin, USA - University of Wisconsin-Madison, Lecture
- 2003: EBI, Cambridge, England - Lecture
- 2002: Padua, Italy - Universities of Frederico II Naples, degli studi Padua, lecture
- 2001: Freiburg, Germany - University of Freiburg, lecture
- 2001: Jena, Germany - IMB, lecture
- 2001: Bern, Switzerland - University of Bern, lecture
- 2001: Hamburg, Germany - EMBL, lecture
Prizes, Awards and Distinctions
- 2005: Contributor to European Bioinformatics Institute's Macromolecule Structure Database (MSD) website: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/msd-srv/msdmotif/